Assimilating the best features of Mizuno's great blades with an enhanced feel, the MP-68 delivers exact shot-making for professionals and highly skilled amateurs.
After research into vibration and sound (modal analysis), Mizuno R&D specified the frequencies required to create pure feedback and also the techniques by which to deliver them. MP-68's scalloped muscle back and shorter hosel allow a lower, more centered COG location for a penetrating, workable ball flight. Neutral bias allows shots to be shaped both left and right.
A innovative 3D muscle pad enables Mizuno’s Grain Flow Forged construction to deliver the purest feedback of any Mizuno iron. Head shape, offset and turf interaction are designed around feedback from Mizuno's Tour Workshops on the legendary MP-33. A more cambered top edge, straighter leading edge and compact PW create a look that surpasses even Mizuno’s previous blades.
- 3D Muscle design delivers a penetrating ball flight and unsurpassed ball control.
- Impact sound and feel are optimized through extensive use of Modal Analysis which separates Mizuno irons from the competition.
- Patented Grain Flow Forged™ 1025E "Pure Select" mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel.
- Durable double nickel chrome plated finish
- Modified U-grooves, which conform to the Condition of competition 2010, produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.
- Rolled leading edge, flattened mid-sole, and rolled trailing edge deliver consistent striking ability from all types of lies.